Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Neo Soul Gigs coming up in London 1: Anthony David

So, yours truly is in London for awhile- too short if you ask me.
Whichever the case, for those of you who don't know, the place to be, if you like the type of music that I like, is The Jazz Cafe.
Its Jazz + extra -- the broader definition of Jazz.. so to say.
Whichever the case, so I had checked out the gigs that are coming up in July that might be interesting for those of you who are into Neo Soul.
For Jazz lovers- just live in the Jazz cafe, that's what I will recommend. Get a job there as a bar keep or something. Everyday is just too precious to not be there. I mean like seriously, I would really consider it if I were to live in London.

Whichever the case, some Neo-Soul gigs comin up in London that you might check out.
On 19th of July
Anthony David is playin in the Jazz Cafe at 7pm.For more info
I've already seen him live last year at Rotterdam, it was in a very hot crowded venue and he came on stage with just one guitar and was just great. Especially "Part of my Life". I know I have it recorded somewhere... and will up load it on You Tube if I can find it...(its on his myspace- live.. def listen to it)

From Atlanta Georgia, he has the acoustic sounds with the soulful voice with the hint of blues. He has worked with his female equivalent - India Arie on his albumn and also before on her albumn- I forget which and which song.
He's kinda like Anthony Hamilton but not as dry or husky.
And well I would have to say he sounds better live than his music you can find in his site. I do believe he is the type of musician that suits the basic acoustic sounds- cuz he knows his way around the guitar.... beautiful voice on top of it.

His myspace.<--better music uploaded here than his site.
Or listen to samples on amazon.
Here are some clips of him live.

This is in "Story line" but after a minute interview you can hear him live singing "be a part of my life"--- Great live...
(beautiful guitar sounds/chord as well...)


Here is him with India Arie with "Words" - skip the first minute the singing only begins after the first minute.


Here's a clip of him live on Later with Jools Holland.


Three Words... GO SEE HIM!

No comments: