Monday, May 21, 2007

Banda Sensual



A Dutch based Brazilian pop/jazz band lead by "soulful" singer Eva.
Saw them live in Breda Jazz festival, and well let me say what a suprise.
They have the loungy jazz sounds- easy listening, latin pop can also be another. A bit like what you hear from Sergio Mendez - but then again its Brazilian..so..

In their words their music is a unique mix of samba pop dance and jazz.Band consists of Eva- vocals, percussionist, Fender Rhodes and keyboardist, bassist and drums. (all of which are a pleasure for the eyes as well as the ears)
I must say what really drawn me to their podium at the festival was the mix of the Fender Rhodes with the bass. (I must admit these days I will listen to anything with Fender Rhodes... I am a junkie..)

The band came together in 2003, and released their first CD Acustico in 2004.

For more click on Sensual

Also look out for their live gigs all around the NLs.

No comments: